Max is a tougher matchup for Ilia

While I agree ilia could grapple fuck max, in a straight up boxing match only I think max would win. Because of max output and ability to cut angles like he does he would ilia often and go body head body and essentially wear him out. I’m not sure ilia would have the gas tank to go with max. Kattar was getting tons of praise for his boxing and for most part his fight with max was mostly boxing and max lit him up like a Christmas tree the whole time.
Do you remember max vs porier 2? Ilia vs max will be same if it will be stand up fight

I would favor Holloway, its a good matchup for him. Could see him winning a decision.

English is not my native language and i dont care if u dont like it (ყლე არავის გადაუღუნო)
U are butt hurt bcs ilia just knocked fuck out of ur fav fighter. stay mad

I bet on Topuria and have never liked Volkanovski you dolt.

Volks next fight might be the rematch. But that doesn't mean Ilias next fight will be Volk again.

I feel like Volk being KO'd twice in short time should put him out of the mix for some time. That said, Max is preparing for a vicious fight in April so timing wise he might be out just as long as Volk, if not longer.

These fools might actually have no choice put to throw Evloev in there lol.
maybe they give volk emmet as bounce back

Ilia knocking out max would be a bigger bummer than the Volk fight.

by the time justin has kicked 7 shades of shit out of max just ouch !

Prime Max would probably son current Topuria.

While I think he could do well, I'm not sure going toe to toe with Gaethje will do him any favors.

Definitely favor Topuria in this matchup. Wouldn't be entirely surprising to see Max earn a decision win against Topuria though.

Do you remember max vs porier 2? Ilia vs max will be same if it will be stand up fight
1 they are different fighters in size and 2 poirier boxing if we are talking pure boxing is better than ilia.

Definitely favor Max. I picked Volk, gotta keep it real, but he looked old tonight. I didn't want to accept, but age and the recent KO got to him. There is nothing special about Ilias boxing. He's above average for MMA. Max takes him to school. Ilia doesn't have the leg kicks of Volk to stop Max's footwork.

Ilia has hard kicks. He had Volks left leg in trouble after landing only 2. It's whether he chooses to use them.

New Max fans make old Max fans look bad. FML.

Ilia has hard kicks. He had Volks left leg in trouble after landing only 2. It's whether he chooses to use them.
Different timing, technique, and purpose. Ilia uses leg kicks to mangle, Volk is more versatile with them. He uses them to open up offense and stop opponents advance,like a jab. He 49-46d Max in the first fight because of it. I think Max would be ready for a much more traditional leg kick and tactic.

Man, Mma has to have the dumbest fans that exist on the face of the earth.

Lost to Islam.

Got KO'd by Islam.

Got KO'd by Topuria.

1-3 in his last 4.

First fight against Islam he arguably won.

Second fight he didn't prepare sufficiently.

Against Topuria he got caught with a single shot. If that misses he may have won.

Max fighting Justin is such a bad idea. Win or lose, max will never be the same again.

It depends on how much damage Gaethje puts on Max. If Maxs chin goes Ilia wins, if not i'd strongly favour Max.

Back