Locked PWD 1158: WWE WrestleMania 40 Weekend Is Here (Story Finished or Just Started)

Is WWE the hottest it has been since The Attitude Era? (1997-2002)

• Yes

Votes: 29 87.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spring Break last night was a fun show. I'm trying to attach some pictures but this site has been a shitshow since the update and with all the damn ads.

Minoru Suzuki and Masato Tanaka vs Masha Slamovich and Rina Yamashita was a great opener. Very cool to see Tanaka live. Hard hitting affair.

The Rock n Roll Express 6 man was decent. Robert Gibson didn't do much of anything I don't think he even tagged in once but Ricky Morton hit a destroyer and a tope suicida. Kerry Morton was heeling it up and getting a ton of heat.

Dragon Gate 6 man and Gringo Loco vs Amazing Red were solid.

Matt Cardona vs Blue Kane was fun but not a great match by any means. Blue Kane had a huge gut but was booked strong.

Ladder match was decent. Microman got a huge fucking pop.

Effy vs Mance Warner I Quit match went about as expected for an I Quit match. Kinda getting tired of these. The ref was literally asking them if they wanted to quit over and over.

Ramhausen vs Maki Death Kill was a lot of fun as well. Never seen Ram Kaicho live and Nick Gage was LAYING HIS SHIT IN on her. I met Maki Itoh after the show she's a sweetheart.

The main event of Joey Janela vs Blake Christian was a surprise because it seemed obvious that Joey would win and finally hold that title but once Missy Hyatt was pulled in the ring it was obvious what was gonna happen.

Great show. Spring Break is always a fun time.

3bEqdJq.png

Stephanie should always wear the backwards paddy cap.

<mma4>

@Based God @sleepwalk

Last nights episode was really good but geez Louise was it long (thats what she said), I usually enjoy when AJ packs in as much great info as he can but I think 40-45 minutes is the perfect runtime, an hour plus was too much for ole Pete to handle cause it just started to feel like filler there towards the end, this aint Netflix, AJ, lets tighten that shit back up

Really great story, enjoyed it as much as I hoped I would and the Mel Gibson inspired commercial this time made me pop so hard, I love that movie, this may have been my favorite ad read ever

The POV stories about the puny humans running from the apocalypse were really well done but seemed unnecessary.

Rereading Foley's first book and god damn did he have a problem with Marc Mero at the time. I get it, but still.

Rereading Foley's first book and god damn did he have a problem with Marc Mero at the time. I get it, but still.
He NEVER let it go. Would still routinely bring it up on the podcast but then try to baby face it that it doesn’t bother him anymore but it clearly did

He NEVER let it go. Would still routinely bring it up on the podcast but then try to baby face it that it doesn’t bother him anymore but it clearly did
I mean, I get it. He came in on the old 10/$150 deal. Then three months later a midcarder with a Little Richard gimmick gets $350k a year guaranteed. But Foley got at least that by the fall of 1996.

Whats his issue?
When Foley signed with the WWF in early 96 his only guarantee was 10 appearances at $150 per appearance. Then three months later Marc Mero got the first ever downside from Vince at $350k a year guaranteed for three years. I'm sure Austin wasn't happy either.

When Foley signed with the WWF in early 96 his only guarantee was 10 appearances at $150 per appearance. Then three months later Marc Mero got the first ever downside from Vince at $350k a year guaranteed for three years. I'm sure Austin wasn't happy either.

How is any of that Marc Mero's fault, I didnt realize Mick was such a crab ass ninja

How is any of that Marc Mero's fault, I didnt realize Mick was such a crab ass ninja
I don't think he's ever blamed Mero personally. Just that a midcarder with a Little Richard gimmick being the first person ever to get a downside from Vince would make you a prickly pear too until you were making at least equal to what he was making (which Foley got in the fall of 96). He was writing his first book well in 99 so the bitterness should've been gone by then though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back