Renan Ferreira should be in the UFC

shrdgr

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Sure, the guy's true record should probably be 13-6 rather than 13-3 and his grappling is sus, but there are just about 3 active UFC heavyweights with enough skill and physicality to impose any effective grappling for more than a round. Ferreira (6'8", 85 inch reach) vs Robelis Despaigne (6'7", 87 inch reach) would be a lovely fight, wouldn't it?

I'd also like to see the UFC add Vadim Nemkov and Anatoly Malykhin to its LHW/HW roster, but that's too much to ask for unfortunately.

He'd be interesting. I don't see him beating the elite guys because as you say his grappling is suspect, but he's absolutely fucking huge and he's got power. Would be a fun kill or be killed guy in the UFC in the bottom half of the rankings I feel.
I don't think you'd have to go too far down the rankings to find his level, it's not like HW is stacked these days, especially once Jones and Stipe retire

I don't think you'd have to go too far down the rankings to find his level, it's not like HW is stacked these days, especially once Jones and Stipe retire

I personally feel better loses to Aspinall, Pavlovich, Blaydes, Volkov, Almeida, Gane and Spivak

I think he has a decent chance with anyone else.

There's no way ONE is letting Anatoly go with him fighting for a 3rd belt at MW and especially if he wins it too. Not to mention ONE probably has him trapped in a shitty contract. Nemkov wants the belt at HW in PFL so I doubt he goes anywhere anytime soon. So the only one I can realistically see going to the UFC is Ferreira if his fight with Francis happens and he gets sparked out.

Fuckin Rozenstruik vs Gaziev is the main event next week

Hell yeah the UFC needs to add all the high level HW strikers they can get
You say that like Gaziev wouldn't just double leg him in the first minute.

Dude earned a million winning the PFL, made bank again vs Bader and is about to win 2 million more and has a slim but real puncher's chance to beat the current best HW in the world.

Why the fuck would he fight for peanuts in the UFC?

There's no way ONE is letting Anatoly go with him fighting for a 3rd belt at MW and especially if he wins it too. Not to mention ONE probably has him trapped in a shitty contract. Nemkov wants the belt at HW in PFL so I doubt he goes anywhere anytime soon. So the only one I can realistically see going to the UFC is Ferreira if his fight with Francis happens and he gets sparked out.

Malykhin has about as much chance of passing a US commission drug test as I do of fucking Scarlett Johansson tbf.

You say that like Gaziev wouldn't just double leg him in the first minute.
I said it like the UFC could afford to upgrade the HW division when a guy who's lost 3 out of his last 4 and his only dub was vs a guy on a current 4 fight L streak, is a main event in 2024

I said it like the UFC could afford to upgrade the HW division when a guy who's lost 3 out of his last 4 and his only dub was vs a guy on a current 4 fight L streak, is a main event in 2024
The HW division is mostly dogshit across the board though. Renan got to the PFL finals by beating Scheffel (Contender Series victim for Murzakanov) and Maurice Greene, legitimately speaking there's a good chance he'd be 1-3 if he faced the same guys Roz fought.

Don't get me wrong, it's an absolute dogshit main event made simply to try and rush Gaziev up the ladder, but there's not many upgrades to be made to HW. Bader was a dominant HW champ in Bellator for a reason, it's a bad division period.
Malykhin has about as much chance of passing a US commission drug test as I do of fucking Scarlett Johansson tbf.
With the new and improved UFC testing he'd probably get by tbh. We might be heading into the new golden age of the UFC in terms of juice.

Tom Aspinall needs to sign with PFL if he wants to fight Renan.

Back