Renan Ferreira should be in the UFC

Sorry I should have said Michael venom Paige - facts are facts fighters not at the top make far more money outside of the UFC. It's just a fact.

Whether a fighter can make more money inside or outside the UFC is heavily dependent on circumstance. Most of them do not. Eddie Alvarez got paid more in the UFC. Chandler is getting paid more.

If a fighter is top 10 and seemingly not going anywhere in the UFC then sometimes it's better to leave. Guys like Bader and Phil Davis were top 10 guys with kind of boring styles who were never going to fight for a title. So for them it made sense to go to Bellator because they had more value to Bellator than the UFC. If they had started out in Bellator they wouldn't be making as much.

Who? Nope. He belongs in PFL where Ngannou will take care of their fighters by paying 3milluon to fight zfranvis.

UFC, Dana Sucks!!

Long live Scott Coker and PFL

I get the feeling Nemkov might deal with him fairly easily before he gets a shot at Francis.

Paige had like what, 2 fights outside of UFC? and then parlayed that into OF. not to mention the way she got paid was because she was famous ...from being in the UFC. who was going to pay Spencer Fisher hundreds of thousands of dollars?

so are Kayla Harrison, Eddie Alvarez, and Michael Chandler stupid too for leaving PFL/Bellator for the UFC? i'm not saying the UFC pay isn't shit, i'm just not convinced these SMALLER organizations pay more than the UFC.

Chandler and Harrison left after they were dethroned and are on the backside of their careers. If you're not on the top of Bellator or PFL then pivoting to the UFC is a good move - that doesn't apply to Renan.

Alvarez left the UFC also, so he doesn't make much sense as a reference.

Have no idea why you capitalized smaller as if that is relevant to pay. I assume you have worked for a company at some point in your life, the size of your company does not really determine how much you will make.

Whether a fighter can make more money inside or outside the UFC is heavily dependent on circumstance. Most of them do not. Eddie Alvarez got paid more in the UFC. Chandler is getting paid more.

If a fighter is top 10 and seemingly not going anywhere in the UFC then sometimes it's better to leave. Guys like Bader and Phil Davis were top 10 guys with kind of boring styles who were never going to fight for a title. So for them it made sense to go to Bellator because they had more value to Bellator than the UFC. If they had started out in Bellator they wouldn't be making as much.

Yes it is based on circumstances for sure but NO they don't need to be in the UFC first - which has also been proven dozens of times.

Freire is exciting so he'd be a good addition, but I don't think he sniffs a title there.

Yes it is based on circumstances for sure but NO they don't need to be in the UFC first - which has also been proven dozens of times.

No, it hasn't. You certainly haven't done so. If you start off in the smaller league as homegrown talent you aren't making as much as if you became a UFC guy first. Pettis is making more in PFL than the guys he is fighting and losing to. If Ngannou never fought in the UFC he would never have gotten the Fury fight or have the big PFL contract he does.

Sure, the guy's true record should probably be 13-6 rather than 13-3 and his grappling is sus, but there are just about 3 active UFC heavyweights with enough skill and physicality to impose any effective grappling for more than a round. Ferreira (6'8", 85 inch reach) vs Robelis Despaigne (6'7", 87 inch reach) would be a lovely fight, wouldn't it?

I'd also like to see the UFC add Vadim Nemkov and Anatoly Malykhin to its LHW/HW roster, but that's too much to ask for unfortunately.

Ferreira would KO aspinall

I’d love to see Renan in the UFC, and as it stands now, he’s the only HW outside of the promotion that is even remotely interesting as an MMA opponent for Ngannou.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Renan runs through Jailton Almeida, Tai Tuivasa, black beast, etc.

Aspinall and Pavlovich would definitely beat him though.
I'd be very surprised if he beat Jailton honestly. A fat LHW with no wrestling already schooled him with BJJ, and Delija finished him without breaking a sweat either, and that's a guy who's more of a grinder.

I'd be very surprised if he beat Jailton honestly. A fat LHW with no wrestling already schooled him with BJJ, and Delija finished him without breaking a sweat either, and that's a guy who's more of a grinder.
That’s true, didn’t think of it like that 👍🏻

Delija himself is legit, too.

Jailton has been KO’d quickly before, but that was before Renan’s more recent loses iirc, and has obviously improved more since losing (Jailton, that is).

Now that I think of it, Jailton (6’6) vs Renan (6’8) would be a sweet debut fight for Ferreira if he ever jumps ship to the UFC. Doubtful tho, i think Renan already won a milly for winning a PFL HW tourney.

I imagine he’s gunning for that ngannou fight for another big time payday.

He will be more popular fighting Ngannou than he ever would be fighting anyone in UFC, including Jon Jones. Ngannou's newfound mainstream fame ensures that. Plus he wouldn't have to worry about screwed over for money by Uncle Dana and/or belittled in media scrums by him because...Dana.

If he wins against Ngannou, the UFC will most likely get him.

I thought Kasanganay beat Eblen to be fair.
Isn't Kasanganay the person who got highlight murdered with that spinning jump kick? Yeesh. If so I hope he's came far. I think really highly of Eblen

Isn't Kasanganay the person who got highlight murdered with that spinning jump kick? Yeesh. If so I hope he's came far. I think really highly of Eblen

Yeah he is. He's a big strong fellow who has power and can stop takedowns (before he gasses out), but you could see Eblen would've won more comfortably if the fight was a 5 rounder. Power is the ultimate equalizer.

He is dangerous due to sheer size and power but also very beatable due to lack of skill, specially grappling.
I think he would be a fringe top10 in UFC

Back