Media Respect between Max and Volk

jeff7b9

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Very cool stuff to see.

Here is Volk rooting for Max:

Max talking up Volk vs Ilia

Also I saw another interview I couldn't find but Max said if Volk is getting the rematch good for him and he would wait... or he wants to earn his 4th fight with Volk by beating Ilia and reclaiming the belt. Thus making the 4th fight (undeniable)

Just tons of respect and class between these 2.

Max was injured which delayed one of their fights and Alex was running to every media outlet he could saying Max was faking it and was actually scared. Disgraceful behavior.

that's pretty bad. Volk got into combat sports pretty late in life though so he might not be as fine-tuned into combat sports culture (for example, interviewers asked Max if he thought Ilia Tapouira looked scare of him and he said not to make that assumption).

Max was injured which delayed one of their fights and Alex was running to every media outlet he could saying Max was faking it and was actually scared. Disgraceful behavior.

that's pretty bad. Volk got into combat sports pretty late in life though so he might not be as fine-tuned into combat sports culture (for example, interviewers asked Max if he thought Ilia Tapouira looked scare of him and he said not to make that assumption).

To be fair to Volk, he apologized soon after and said he was wrong.

Very cool stuff to see.

Here is Volk rooting for Max:

Max talking up Volk vs Ilia

Also I saw another interview I couldn't find but Max said if Volk is getting the rematch good for him and he would wait... or he wants to earn his 4th fight with Volk by beating Ilia and reclaiming the belt. Thus making the 4th fight (undeniable)

Just tons of respect and class between these 2.

When you spend as much time as they have kicking each others ass, you're basically blood related at that point sir lol

Given the time thats passed. I'd actually be ok with Max vs Volk 4. I think Max has definitely earned another shake at Volk, especially if Max ends up champion again he should definitely be able to call that shot. By the time it would get made we'd be going on 2.5 ish years or more since their last encounter. And even though the score sits at 3-0, 2 of those fights were real close with one I think you could argue max could have been given the decision.

Volk should aim for that Topuria rematch instead of going after Max (Max's home is pretty much set at LW at this point in his career) because that Topuria rematch is a career defining fight for him while Volk vs Max 4 is just another fight for him, and one that is high risk-low reward for both fighters involved.

Volk-Max attitudes towards each other is the opposite of Pereira-Izzy. Izzy shows up to Alex’s fights praying he loses.

Not really surprising to see. Volk and Max are two of the classiest guys in the sport and they've spent 75 minutes in the cage together. It's still really cool to see though.

As soon as they start to throw down in the middle of the octagon, Volk begins to giggle like a little kid and then goes ape shit once the KO shot lands. All of it genuine and the whole sequence is hilarious.

Given the time thats passed. I'd actually be ok with Max vs Volk 4. I think Max has definitely earned another shake at Volk, especially if Max ends up champion again he should definitely be able to call that shot. By the time it would get made we'd be going on 2.5 ish years or more since their last encounter. And even though the score sits at 3-0, 2 of those fights were real close with one I think you could argue max could have been given the decision.
no way. volk needs to retire. he is on the wrong side of 35 and lost 2 in a row by ko. he’s hit his peak. if he keeps fighting max, max eventually max will win. what will it prove? it will be as meaningful as the time tito beat chuck.

Back