Tapout Lace Training Gloves

diggin the thumb addition. imo its needed unless there is some sort of y or t system (like the hayabusa mma gloves, or better example the combat sports gel shock mma sparing gloves) to keep the glove from sliding arround. also you can customize the colors alot more with the thumb now ;]

Looks crazy already! I'll send you a pm about trading some shootos, I have some that are just sitting around.

*rubs hands in anticipation*

And for all the claims of 'franken glove'

It's actually really nice to watch this come together,to witness how it progresses,it's like being in on the start of something and seeing it progress..

Prototype #2 - I'll provide details shortly, I'm heading out soon.

IMG_7706.jpg

IMG_7705.jpg

IMG_7704.jpg

IMG_7703.jpg

IMG_7702.jpg

omg i need those ! they look awesome. cant wait to see the non shooto style you make

omg i need those ! they look awesome. cant wait to see the non shooto style you make

Thanks buddy! They are still unfinished. I have to add the piping, adjust and add padding to the thumbless lace cuff. Another technique I want to work on is splitting the cuff from the main knuckle area, that way I can add another customizing option.

Trying to perfect these before I move on to my next pair.

Example:
fe52a6eb.jpg

f1660c3e.jpg

bf628050.jpg

Last edited:
the thumb looks like it will be a cutting machine. Have you though about reversing the way you have it?

the thumb looks like it will be a cutting machine. Have you though about reversing the way you have it?

Not exactly sure what you mean? Care to explain.

The thumb is the same pattern as the hayabusa hybrid gloves.

Edit: do you mean flipping the thumb padding so the square part is on the bottom and rounded part on the top?

P1130140.jpg

possibly means that although the top of the thumb will be covered by piping where you have covered the thumb padding with leather it could be rough/sharp with the squared off edge?

possibly means that although the top of the thumb will be covered by piping where you have covered the thumb padding with leather it could be rough/sharp with the squared off edge?

I see what you mean. I could always round out the edges, flip the padding or both. Its actually soft but I could see how it looks like it might cause harm. Thanks for pointing it out milk.

yes, thanks for putting my quick response into a more complete sentence.

Having just looked at my various pairs of Shootos/training gloves it seems that the thumb on all of them is a sealed one piece unit with the foam contained inside that unit.Like they have 2 pieces of leather cut to shape like a thumb,the foam over the thumb is in between them and this is then stitched closed and then piping put around the seam.To stop the foam moving it is also stitched below the foam and around the sides of it:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f67/new-ko-fightgear-mma-training-shooto-style-gloves-712298/

9th and 10 th posts in my thread give an idea what I mean?

Nice work man.

Thank you!

Having just looked at my various pairs of Shootos/training gloves it seems that the thumb on all of them is a sealed one piece unit with the foam contained inside that unit.Like they have 2 pieces of leather cut to shape like a thumb,the foam over the thumb is in between them and this is then stitched closed and then piping put around the seam.To stop the foam moving it is also stitched below the foam and around the sides of it:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f67/new-ko-fightgear-mma-training-shooto-style-gloves-712298/

9th and 10 th posts in my thread give an idea what I mean?

I see what you mean. I'm not sure why the Hayabusa designers decided to switch it up. When you get the gloves, perhaps you can test it out by raking yourself across the eyes several dozen times. :icon_lol:

Back