Tom Aspinall vs Cain?

Laheys'Liquorland

Land of shit and dreams.
@Brown
Reaction score
It's always Fedor vs...insert name.

This is a hypothetical matchup, not for Goat talk.

Prime Cain vs Tom Aspinall. How does this fight go? And who wins?

Tom has impressed me more and more and Cain was a beast at his time.
Would've been a blast watching these two.

Aspinall is just slightly better everywhere outside of wrestling, while also being larger and with equal or greater fight IQ. I got Aspinall in this one. Cain will unfortunately always be a question mark to me, since he go injured so early in his run, at a time when the division was relatively shallow.

1550y0m.gif

For me it would depend on if Cain could close the distance without getting hurt. He was often quite reckless when trying to pressure and got hurt because of it. The Kongo and Ngannou fights being examples.

Aspinall has better footwork and boxing than anybody Cain ever fought, and his counter striking is lethal.

Cain either gets tagged and finished quickly coming in or he wears Aspinall out and finishes him in the later rounds.

Aspinall is just slightly better everywhere outside of wrestling, while also being larger and with equal or greater fight IQ. I got Aspinall in this one. Cain will unfortunately always be a question mark to me, since he go injured so early in his run, at a time when the division was relatively shallow.

Aspinall's a bit more reckless and less defensive.

I'd lean Cain, but would never bet on that fight.

For me it would depend on if Cain could close the distance without getting hurt. He was often quite reckless when trying to pressure and got hurt because of it. The Kongo and Ngannou fights being examples.

Aspinall has better footwork and boxing than anybody Cain ever fought, and his counter striking is lethal.

Cain either gets tagged and finished quickly coming in or he wears Aspinall out and finishes him in the later rounds.

Cain wasn't reckless. He was pretty defensively sound.

The examples you cited are just getting caught. Cain fans literally try and pretend he blew out his knee first THEN got KO'd by Ngannou rather than admit he got KO'd by such a weird angle punch.

Cain wasn't reckless. He was pretty defensively sound.

The examples you cited are just getting caught. Cain fans literally try and pretend he blew out his knee first THEN got KO'd by Ngannou rather than admit he got KO'd by such a weird angle punch.
Lol. Both those examples were him coming in leading with his head with his arms outstretched. The definition of being defensively irresponsible.

And yeah he got KOed by Francis. No arguments there.

Lol. Both those examples were him coming in leading with his head with his arms outstretched. The definition of being defensively irresponsible.

And yeah he got KOed by Francis. No arguments there.

When exactly are you supposed to get caught other than while coming in?

<{vega}>

Cain's defense ain't up to snuff to survive against Tom. Prime JDS was amazing but he was still a stationary fighter for the most part. Tom is anything but stationary, which Cain has never fought.

If he can follow his pace Aspinall but I doubt. Cain is a HW version of Merab Dvalishvili full of an action with good hands and lot of wrestling.

Cain would destroy Aspinall, and so would DC. I’m not sure what people see in him, that puts him above ATG heavyweights so quickly.

Toms doing great, dont get me wrong, but I havent seen enough of him to believe he could beat one of the HW greats.
Tom has interesting matchups going forward, lets see how it all plays out

Prime Cain would take him into the deep waters and win unless he gets caught closing the distance early.

Back