who wins between prime stipe and prime cain

On paper Cain cause Stipe doesn’t have any wins over anyone in their primes.

However styles make fights and I think stipe would have competed well with Cain. Stipe wasn’t gonna get wrestle raped and his hands would have given Cain a lot of trouble. Cains pressure, speed etc though couldn’t be underestimated.

Stipe lost to post Cain beat down JDS back then btw

2015 Cain isn't prime Cain tho lol

The Stipe that beat Ngannou beats them all.

Just my opinion.
The pillow fisted one who couldn’t finish a defenceless punching bag even with dominant positions all night?

Cain didn’t have the low level cardio Francis exhibited. He would have killed stipe that night. Stipes prime is likely somewhere else.

On paper Cain cause Stipe doesn’t have any wins over anyone in their primes.

However styles make fights and I think stipe would have competed well with Cain. Stipe wasn’t gonna get wrestle raped and his hands would have given Cain a lot of trouble. Cains pressure, speed etc though couldn’t be underestimated.

Stipe lost to post Cain beat down JDS back then btw
I could potentially see it being rather akin to the Werdum fight, Cain rushes forward and gets poped by a counter.

JDS was I think a good style matchup for Cain in that he didnt really have dependable counters or a good inside game generally he liked to stay at range and throw those looping bombs.

Cain actually has multiple wins vs contemporary top HWs.

The only non fossils Stipe beat are....Ngannu, who he is 1-1 with.

Also he had the trilogy with DC, but let's be honest, DC was aging, had back surgery, Stipe also was getting up in the years, and they both eye poked the shit out of each other. Not sure how much we can draw from those fights.

I could potentially see it being rather akin to the Werdum fight, Cain rushes forward and gets poped by a counter.

JDS was I think a good style matchup for Cain in that he didnt really have dependable counters or a good inside game generally he liked to stay at range and throw those looping bombs.
Could be. But Werdum fought like an absolute idiot. If you recall back then no one said stipe was amazing everyone said Werdum was an idiot and did himself in.

I agree styles make fights and I think stipe has the style to give cain fits!!

He won’t get wrestlefucked and had great hands. But Stipes problem is again he didn’t really knock off any greats in their prime. His resume is built off wins over geriatrics or not in their prime guys.

Similarly cains reign is too short and his prime was spent on rematches and surgeon visits. Either guy could win and no wrong opinions

Stipe struggled with a shadow version of JDS post Cain fights

I think Cain's speed and volume and would be too much for him
Cain struggled and got dropped twice by Kongo and KOd by Cigano.
I think Stipe's superior power, boxing, and very solid TDD would be too much for him.

Cain actually has multiple wins vs contemporary top HWs.

The only non fossils Stipe beat are....Ngannu, who he is 1-1 with.

Also he had the trilogy with DC, but let's be honest, DC was aging, had back surgery, Stipe also was getting up in the years, and they both eye poked the shit out of each other. Not sure how much we can draw from those fights.
So the only non fossil Stipe beat is the same guy who KTFO Cain in seconds? Cain's entire career is made of JDS and Bigfoot. Which is great. Just not as great as his fans make it out to be.

Stipe knocks Cain out cold :)

So the only non fossil Stipe beat is the same guy who KTFO Cain in seconds? Cain's entire career is made of JDS and Bigfoot. Which is great. Just not as great as his fans make it out to be.

1. That is playing mmath, and not even good mmath, since we both know Cain was washed by the time he fought Ngannu. I mean that loss is less damning than being destroyed by Stefan Struve in the middle of your career.
2. Agreed, Cain's career got screwed by bad matchmaking and injuries. I'd say beating prime JDS and BF in 4 fights is better than beating Ngannu in 1 though.
Cain also beat up Kongo, Bork Roidnar and Ben- not going to argue those are amazing wins but they are something and those guys were not fossils. After Struve, Stipe literally only fought guys with MUCH more mileage than him + Ngannu. That's why I think he is supremely overrated.

I think DC is superior to Cain ( He was just humble enough to give all those praises to Cain) & Stipe had no problem dealing with him.

So the answer is Stipe.

Stipe lost to DC by KO, was bodyslammed in the rematch, and was arguably down 3-0 before the ko. Third fight was arguably 3-2 (one judge scored as sich).

I like em both, but prime cain was amazing.

Prime Cain I think. The guy from the second JDS fight was a monster. He made people forget just how good JDS was at his peak. I'd probably take prime JDS over Stipe too. By the time they fought Cain had aged him 40 years through those beat downs.

Stipe continues to be criminally underrated.

Feels hard to wrestle Stipe and Id think his striking is better. At least defensive wise.

But then again Id probably take JDS over Stipe. And Cain over Jds

that wasn't prime stipe and that fight was a boxing match in an octagon and that jds was argubley the one cain beat in the first place, his first fight after cain

Prime stipe was the one bulldozing heavyweights in 2015, prime stipe finsihed a revamped jds
Stipe was 33 years old, 14 pro fights, and training MMA for a decade, but it wasn't prime Stipe?

With all due respect to Stipe, the only fighters he bulldozed during his run were out of prime guys and Ngannou.

And their fight wasn't ALL boxing fwiw:
S0JRI.gif

Last edited:
Back