Worried for Strickland because DDP is a WEIGHT BULLY...

It’s gonna be the weirdest stance matchup of all time:
newborn deer vs limping pedestrian

I think DDP is possibly the worst matchup for Strickland. I believe Strickland has a chance at beating anyone but I'm not too sure about DDP. I'm still going with Sean though.

Strickland's ground game is several levels above DDP

LOL..that is the funniest thing I have ever heard. He has never submitted any ranked opponent while Dricus won the fight against the top ranked Whittaker on the ground. Strickland wins fights on the basis of his boxing. He is like a Dustin Poirier of the middleweight. Strickland's best chance is to keep the fight standing against Dricus and try to either out-point or knockout Dricus. Strickland has ZERO ground game at least at elite level while DDP started doing Judo at the age of 16 and became a black belt before he even started getting into MMA. Currently, Dricus even competes in BJJ tournaments and dominated the entire Gracie Barra team in a tournament. Majority of Dricus' wins are by submissions. He hip tossed easily a 200+ lbs Whittaker, which technically is extremely hard thing to do and requires a lot of explosive power and technique.

As a matter of fact, Strickland was so confident coming forward against Adesanya because he knew Adesanya could not mix it up to save his life. Adesanya told Dana he could easily beat Strickland because he miscalculated he could easily beat Strickland in striking with no threat of being taken down. Not so in the case of Dricus. One of the reasons why Strickland is freaked out, is because he knows Dricus is going to mix it up and possibly take him down and maul him. It won't be a pure boxing fight like he was able to make against Adesanya. Watch the Mogamedov fight. He was getting taken down at will by Mogamedov through a leg trip. Mogamedov only lost because he gassed out.

Strrickland has "much higher level" than this? ROFL. Dricus mauls and dominates the entire Gracie Barra BJJ team singlehandedly submitting all of them one after the other. Dricus has extremely high level Judo/Grappling and BJJ skills.

Last edited:
LOL..that is the funniest thing I have ever heard. He has never submitted any ranked opponent while Dricus won the fight against the top ranked Whittaker on the ground. Strickland wins fights on the basis of his boxing. He is like a Dustin Poirier of the middleweight. Strickland's best chance is to keep the fight standing against Dricus and try to either out-point or knockout Dricus. Strickland has ZERO ground game at least at elite level while DDP started doing Judo at the age of 16 and became a black belt before he even started getting into MMA. Currently, Dricus even competes in BJJ tournaments and dominated the entire Gracie Barra team in a tournament. Majority of Dricus' wins are by submissions. He hip tossed easily a 200+ lbs Whittaker, which technically is extremely hard thing to do and requires a lot of explosive power and technique.

As a matter of fact, Strickland was so confident coming forward against Adesanya because he knew Adesanya could not mix it up to save his life. Adesanya told Dana he could easily beat Strickland because he miscalculated he could easily beat Strickland in striking with no threat of being taken down. Not so in the case of Dricus. One of the reasons why Strickland is freaked out, is because he knows Dricus is going to mix it up and possibly take him down and maul him. It won't be a pure boxing fight like he was able to make against Adesanya. Watch the Mogamedov fight. He was getting taken down at will by Mogamedov through a leg trip. Mogamedov only lost because he gassed out.

Strrickland has "much higher level" than this? ROFL. Dricus mauls and dominates the entire Gracie Barra BJJ team singlehandedly submitting all of them one after the other. Dricus has extremely high level Judo/Grappling and BJJ skills.

DDP is an animal.

Yeah, I think the sum total of Sean's public statements would indicate he is not such a good guy. People try to justify acting the way he does by "he is just being real." That is direct code for being an asshole about 95% of the time. To make the situation worse, he gets upset when other make unnecessary statements that hurt HIS feelings. You can't have it both ways.

But it's a 5 rounder. The guys who cut a lot of weight find it harder to push the pace in the later rounds. But not always so let's see.

Strickland apparently has good grappling.
Well….

I think DDP is possibly the worst matchup for Strickland. I believe Strickland has a chance at beating anyone but I'm not too sure about DDP. I'm still going with Sean though.
I don't think many realise just how good DDP is, he has that awkward style but it works really well and his ground game is solid not to mention is incredibly strong.

DDP runs through Sean imo.

I don't think many realise just how good DDP is, he has that awkward style but it works really well and his ground game is solid not to mention is incredibly strong.

It'll be REALLY interesting to see how it plays out. That's a fight I can get exited about, and I don't get up for that many fights anymore.

He's not that good skill wise, but he has tangibles that make him successful in mma, big, strong and tough plus he has a nasty streak, with a pace that can overwhelm people. But skill wise he can make alot improvements

He’s gonna smash Sean with his gorilla approach

Not his weight bulliness
Or if that doesn't work and he doesn't find early success he starts to melt as the fight goes on. Dracus needs some big moments early to build upon or he uses alot of wasted energy.

He's not that good skill wise, but he has tangibles that make him successful in mma, big, strong and tough plus he has a nasty streak, with a pace that can overwhelm people. But skill wise he can make alot improvements

He has an awkward striking style, but has massive knockout power. Like I poste above, his real strength is his judo/grappling/BJJ/wrestling where he dominates (for example, Whittaker). He competes in pure BJJ tournaments. Here he goes up against the entire Gracie Barra BJJ team one by one and mauls and submits each one of them. The cardio suspicions also are put to rest since he goes through all of them in a tournament style competition

That's my sense also. DDP looked really dominant against a guy that is hard to dominate. I think Sean is fool's gold as the MW champion and will get bettered quite soon.

I think if you are a 265 lbs guy and you can cut to 135, you can fight in the bantamweight with no problem. I don't believe in weight bully shit, Sean cuts weight too, he is not walking around 185

Not a weight bully if you kill yourself to make weight. You're already at a disadvantage because there's no way you're 100% going into the fight and the weight cut dehydrated your brain making it easier to KO you.

Back