WrestleMania 40: Night 1 - Biggest Tag Match in WM History

Just a reminder that Seth Rollins has the greatest dress sense ever.

Reminds me of...
25099a55-0afd-46f3-a89f-fa3cc733fd9f_text.gif

I enjoyed night one. Was there any "all time great match"? Nah but I wasn't ever bored.
This is definitely the "triple h" era between the dx tribute, pedigrees, goofball Sami going over Gunther etc.
The tag main event was a lot of fun, even if rock gassed early. They did a good job on not doing anything too crazy but I was entertained. I did lol at the rock going over Cody. Maybe they are setting up Cody vs rock down the line on the eventual road to roman vs rock.

Also what happened to the report of theory and Grayson getting pulled from mania lol? That worked out well for that dirt sheet. Good ol Dave....

I enjoyed night one. Was there any "all time great match"? Nah but I wasn't ever bored.
This is definitely the "triple h" era between the dx tribute, pedigrees, goofball Sami going over Gunther etc.
The tag main event was a lot of fun, even if rock gassed early. They did a good job on not doing anything too crazy but I was entertained. I did lol at the rock going over Cody. Maybe they are setting up Cody vs rock down the line on the eventual road to roman vs rock.

Also what happened to the report of theory and Grayson getting pulled from mania lol? That worked out well for that dirt sheet. Good ol Dave....

Night 1 was good imo. Didn't really care for the Philly crowd all that much. My matches of the night were the main event, 6-pack tag match and Sami/Gunther. I know people were not high on the 6 woman tag match, but that I left that match thinking I really want to see Belair vs. Cargill. Also, I was kind of annoyed by the Jimmy vs. Jey match. Was it just me or was the whole match kick, splash, kick finish?

Last edited:
Night 1 was good imo. Didn't really care for the Philly crowd all that much. My matches of the night were the main event, 6-pack tag match and Sami/Gunther. I know people were not high on the 6 woman tag match, but that I left that match thinking I really want to see Belair vs. Cargill. Also, I was kind of annoyed by the Jimmy vs. Jey match. Was it just me or was the whole match kick, splash, kick finish?
Uso match was definitely the most disappointing

NO one tries to keep women at odds Jade......y'all women do that yourselves.

Sad but true.

Yeah.... She can be my muscle any day but from the tiny amount I've heard her speak... ehhhh

She seems to buy the struggle politics.

They did a good job with Sami's underdog win, but I think that should've been Gable's spot. He needs the rub more than Sami. Hopefully they continue to respect the IC belt. Gunther turned that worthless piece of tin into gold. Hopefully it doesn't go back to being a hot potato. Still an ugly as fuck belt, though. Please change that design.

Rhea going over Becky was appropriate, but man, I really don't know who they can sell as her kryptonite at this point. Maybe bring that ball of steroids from TNA over.

Rock and Roman going over was expected. It'd be pretty pointless if they didn't.

Rock kinda having a hard time admitting the fans wanted Cody V Roman over Rock V Roman.

Everything was his idea. The “pivot” his idea. Fuckin guy.

I honestly think it was all planned. Not that the Rock isn't as far up his own ass as humanly possible- he is. But it's not really that far fetched. I could easily see The Rock and Trips planning this out.

If Roman drops the belt it makes more sense for Rock anyways. He could never beat Roman. Cody might, and if Rock wants another match or 2, he can beef with Cody or Seth or something.

My cousin called this shit as soon as the Rock started hunting his return. From Cody winning the Rumble, the pivot and the tag match. It was pretty insane how far out he predicted everything but then he just broke it down at it actually made sense to me. Rumor is that Rock gets some massive incentives for every match he takes which of course is true, so a 1 off loss against Roman doesn't make sense.

I honestly think it was all planned. Not the the Rock isn't as far up his own ass as humanly possible- he is. But it's not really that far fetched. I could easily see The Rock and Trips planning this out.
Yeah, I'm thinking the same. Only because they switched gears so quickly. They didn't even try to sell Roman vs Rock. It was pretty much axed immediately, which seemed a bit rash, almost like they never intended to follow through. They also had the perfect out with Cody having not officially made his decision at the time.

I wouldn't be surprised if was all planned out, or at the very least was a plan B they had drawn up.

Just a reminder that Seth Rollins has the greatest dress sense ever.

Seth really needs to give the shit up.

It adds nothing. It doesn't fit his persona or wrestling style or overall character arc. They aren't cool or interesting, they are just legit gaudy flamboyant trash. The only thing keeping him over is his music. He's held the #2 belt for far too long, his promos aren't good. I don't even remember his matches. I used to dig Rollins quite a bit but tbh he seems like a very unremarkable placeholder at this point.

It adds nothing. It doesn't fit his persona or wrestling style or overall character arc. They aren't cool or interesting, they are just legit gaudy flamboyant trash. The only thing keeping him over is his music. He's held the #2 belt for far too long, his promos aren't good. I don't even remember his matches. I used to dig Rollins quite a bit but tbh he seems like a very unremarkable placeholder at this point.
Drew needs to strait up murder him tonight.

Yeah, who am I to say what works, but his out of ring attire just doesn't jive with his no nonsense in-ring persona. He doesn't sell his...umm...flamboyant kookyness in the ring, so I don't get the point. He's still basically the same dude from The Shield when he's wrestling. I don't think it adds or detracts anything from him, but it's just kind of pointless. I think something simple like a flashy trench coat of some kind, would be more appropriate than looking like he went to a thrift store and said "Gimme one of everything".

Uso match was definitely the most disappointing

I'm not there yet at all on Jey Uso. Maybe I just don't see it. I just look at the roster and think there are other guys on the roster with better wrestling and mic skills than Jey.

They did a good job with Sami's underdog win, but I think that should've been Gable's spot. He needs the rub more than Sami. Hopefully they continue to respect the IC belt. Gunther turned that worthless piece of tin into gold. Hopefully it doesn't go back to being a hot potato. Still an ugly as fuck belt, though. Please change that design.

Rhea going over Becky was appropriate, but man, I really don't know who they can sell as her kryptonite at this point. Maybe bring that ball of steroids from TNA over.

Rock and Roman going over was expected. It'd be pretty pointless if they didn't.

Gunther going back to being a hot potato? Can't see it. He is one of the best wrestlers on the entire WWE roster. I can totally see him winning the belt from Cody. Can't have a guy like Gunther who can have one of the best matches on Wrestlemania 39 and 40 just be a nobody going forward.

I'm kind of with you on Lynch. I think she needs to go away for a bit but they don't need to bring Jordynne Grace over from TNA. Between Naomi, Belair, Bayley, Flair, Cargill, Stratton, Sky and others they can find someone for Ripley.

I don't see that at all with Seth. I like this version of Seth better than when he was Triple H's protégé. Seth consistently puts on good matches and is a good worker in the ring. I don't remember the last time I saw a Seth match and was like "Well, this is complete garbage." I think the problem with Seth is he's just kind of lost in the shuffle now because there are so many good stars at this point. Drew has been knocking it out of the park lately, there's Punk, Reigns, Cody being the most over face in the company, Gunther, etc. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if there was a Punk/Seth/Drew match for the title at Wrestlemania 41.

Back