WrestleMania 40 Night 2: Finished stories and stuff

Many people say this but I don't agree. His character before was kind of generic bad guy. I actually like fashion model Seth. His title run was fun imo. He's never been the best on the mic but his work is so good he does not always need it. Plus, as someone already mentioned if you want to play the long game Drew/Seth/Punk would be a great main event for next year's Wrestlemania assuming all of them can stay healthy.

I didn't think I would be I left night 2 being excited for the women's division. A few months ago I was not happy about it but I think if WWE really wants her to be at the top now that Bayley is the champion it's time for Stratton's come up. You could do Asuka vs. Sky at Summerslam, etc. It just feels better now that the whole division does not feel as dependent on Flair or Lynch.

"Fashion model Seth" 🤦🏻‍♂️

Bruh stop. It's lazy uninteresting and fits in no way whatsoever. It's clearly just doing shit because he doesn't know what else to do, not good enough to hate or love which is effectively cancer in pro wrestling. It just makes most people ask why and want him to stop.

He needs a reset. He's somewhere between a poor man's HBK and Jericho at this point and his run with that belt was too long. It came off as a favor from Trips.

I get that you like him, I really used to. He's stale now. His promos are boring. He needs time off. I think the best angles forward are him and Punk even though Punk is washed and the angle with Roman as Roman has never really beat him. Maybe something with Gunter.

Reactions: HHJ
I'm watching Night 1 in its entirety, and it should be mentioned the tag-team main event may have set another record -

The longest tag-team match in Wrestlemania history, at 35 minutes.

I'm already looking forward to Roman taking a long time off and coming back to wreck shop. Maybe even almost a year and come back at the Rumble. He's got all the tools in the toolbox now for a mega babyface run
Nahhh

Roman is so much better as a heel

Nahhh

Agreed.

I've been saying ever since it was obvious his babyface run was a flop with fans, and Vince was repeatedly trying to shove him down fans throats, that he should turn heel, and its been an even bigger success than I ever thought it could be.

Long-term storytelling at its finest.

But now with his streak ended, it'll be an interesting question what direction he could go.

What if Rock betrays him so he could be the new 'tribal chief?' While Roman as a heel is great, there's potential he could be an amazing babyface now that the fans respect him... and Rock is, and always has been, an amazing heel.

There's so many great directions they could go with him.

And lets be honest here, he absolutely deserves a great babyface run.

Agreed.

I've been saying ever since it was obvious his babyface run was a flop with fans, and Vince was repeatedly trying to shove him down fans throats, that he should turn heel, and its been an even bigger success than I ever thought it could be.

But now with his streak ended, it'll be an interesting question what direction he could go.

What if Rock betrays him so he could be the new 'tribal chief?' While Roman as a heel is great, there's potential he could be an amazing babyface now that the fans respect him... and Rock is, and always has been, an amazing heel.

I could def see all of that happening

I could def see all of that happening

By the way, WWE has improved significantly since Vince has been forced out.

Even with him as a 'chairman' of TKO his shadow over WWE creative has been felt. Now that he's 100% gone all credit goes to Triple-H.

Say what you want about his backstage influence as a wrestler in the 2000s, and I'll probably agree with alot of it. But as head of creative now he's been amazing.

"Fashion model Seth" 🤦🏻‍♂️

Bruh stop. It's lazy uninteresting and fits in no way whatsoever. It's clearly just doing shit because he doesn't know what else to do, not good enough to hate or love which is effectively cancer in pro wrestling. It just makes most people ask why and want him to stop.

He needs a reset. He's somewhere between a poor man's HBK and Jericho at this point and his run with that belt was too long. It came off as a favor from Trips.

I get that you like him, I really used to. He's stale now. His promos are boring. He needs time off. I think the best angles forward are him and Punk even though Punk is washed and the angle with Roman as Roman has never really beat him. Maybe something with Gunter.

We can agree to disagree. Seth was just around so much I understand why people would get tired of him. After both nights of Wrestlemania the only person I thought needed a completely reset was Becky.

Agreed.

I'm actually more interested now in what the WWE does now with the rest of the Bloodline. Roman and Rock will always be main eventers but I am curious about Jey, Jimmy, Solo and Heyman. Jey is already over but I wonder how long he can last as a singles star putting on crap like him and Jimmy did on night 1.

Nahhh

He could probably be a cool heel. The problem with his earlier face runs(that I saw, anyways), was that he wasn't allowed to be himself. They tried to make him John Cena. If they more or less kept him the same, but just changed his team, it could work. Everyone likes an ass kicker on their team.

I'm actually more interested now in what the WWE does now with the rest of the Bloodline. Roman and Rock will always be main eventers but I am curious about Jey, Jimmy, Solo and Heyman. Jey is already over but I wonder how long he can last as a singles star putting on crap like him and Jimmy did on night 1.
I think it's time they gave Solo a bit of shine. He's still essentially a glorified bodyguard.

Jey will be fine. The fans love that yeet shit, and he's never been a show stealer. You know what you're getting with an Uso match. Lots of kicks, chops and splashes. Predictable, but it works for them. The crowd was also pretty dead on night one. That match might've come off a bit better with last night's crowd.

Nahhh

Yes but...

Without being forced to be PG Rock Lite.
Being able to show some edge to him like he wasn't before.
With nothing left to prove but giving us moments.

That old SHIELD/Roman theme hits for a mystery partner or #27 at the Rumble or whatever? That's gonna pop da mahks.

Reactions: HHJ
Two thoughts from this WrestleMania.

1). I think Face Roman vs. Heel Rock might be the way to go after this.

Rock being revealed as the one pulling the strings this whole time, buying the services of Paul Heyman, all of that stuff. But then he's on the board, he doesn't need Roman anymore, he can do it himself.

2). The face turn that Rhea is going to have could cause an astronomical pop. I think Dom's alliance with Legado Del Fantasmo will lead to him ditching Rhea for Elektra Lopez, and then Rhea kicking the shit out of Dom.

I managed to avoid spoilers for Night 2, and just finished it. I had heard on podcasts from people in attendance that the crowd was pretty loud night 1, but they sounded dead to me for the most part. The audio was really lackluster too, so perhaps that and bad weather contributed. The audio was way better tonight, and the crowd was great.

The main event felt like such a big deal, crowd really brought it life.

The only disappointment was that we didn't get Stone Cold's glass shattering and Rock overselling a stunner. Taker was the best alternative though, as I didn't expect it. Did he go back under the ring after the chokeslam? lol

The matches I fast forwarded through a bit were Bayley's, and Lashley's, didn't care about either feud. I liked to loved everything else, awesome fun.

I loved how everyone kept enunciating "professional wrestling" all night, as Vince didn't like the term. Finally owning what they, It's definitely a new era and I'm all on board!

You guys catch Paul Heyman's HOF induction? His speech was the best yet. If he's praising Triple H, you know he's the real deal.

2). The face turn that Rhea is going to have could cause an astronomical pop. I think Dom's alliance with Legado Del Fantasmo will lead to him ditching Rhea for Elektra Lopez, and then Rhea kicking the shit out of Dom.

Judgment Day is in a weird spot after Mania. Rhea and Priest are champions but now I'm not sure what to do with Dom, Finn and JD. The idea you have with Dom is good but I kind of want to see if he has what it takes now to be a solo heel.

Jesus, that was a monster pop for Cody winning.

Absolutely, and they need to keep Jade and Bianca from facing off in the ring for at least 6-12 months. That's a money feud in the making. Keep them together and go after the tag titles.
And jade needs more polish and more matches against local talent to crush.

I listened to the press conference as a podcast while I've been doing stuff this morning. When you hear how HHH was talking, it sounded like he, and Steph, were just done with Vince for a while before all of this horrible stuff has come out.

Last edited:
Back