WrestleMania 40 Night 2: Finished stories and stuff

I listened to the press conference as a podcast while I've been doing stuff this morning. When you hear how he was talking, it sounded like he, and Steph, were just done with Vince for a while before all of this horrible stuff has come out.

They had to be. Frankly the booking and storylines were shit for a loooooong time. Everyone knew it. That combined with his bs, age and nonsense. I'm sure everyone was sick of Vince for some years.

They had to be. Frankly the booking and storylines were shit for a loooooong time. Everyone knew it. That combined with his bs, age and nonsense. I'm sure everyone was sick of Vince for some years.

HHH made a comment about how it was great to see Steph regaining some confidence, and not doubting herself, and finally being able to come home to where she belongs. There were stories about how he'd undermine her in front of her staff, usually under the guise of "I can't show favouritism to you, just because you're my daughter".

Reactions: HHJ
Judgment Day is in a weird spot after Mania. Rhea and Priest are champions but now I'm not sure what to do with Dom, Finn and JD. The idea you have with Dom is good but I kind of want to see if he has what it takes now to be a solo heel.

Revive velocity and send JD there to job to one of jinder's jobbers every week

HHH made a comment about how it was great to see Steph regaining some confidence, and not doubting herself, and finally being able to come home to where she belongs. There were stories about how he'd undermine her in front of her staff, usually under the guise of "I can't show favouritism to you, just because you're my daughter".
I just watched the press conference too, always enjoy hearing Triple H's insights in them.

Heyman thanked him on his HOF speech for giving people more creative freedom. Triple H talked about how before the show he told everyone to just have fun, as he only wanted to stay after the acquisition if things were fun. You can feel how much fun the roster is having out there. It must be a relief not walking on eggshells around crazy Vince.

There's no WWE, Monday Night Wars, and even AEW, without Vince, but I'm so glad he's gone.

I love where they are going. It's small things in their longer term and subtle story planning, like Drew telling Seth his being obsessed with Cody's story will cost him. Punk shouting at Drew to stop focusing on him several times was an intentional call back, as his obsession with Punk cost him. Good shit!

Last edited:
I just watched the press conference too, always enjoy hearing Triple H's insights in them.

Heyman thanked him on his HOF speech for giving people more creative freedom. Triple H talked about how before the show he told everyone to just have fun, as he only wanted to stay after the acquisition if things were fun. You can feel how much fun the roster is having out there. It must be a relief not walking on eggshells around crazy Vince.

There's no WWE, Monday Night Wars, and even AEW, without Vince, but I'm so glad he's gone.

I love where they are going. It's small things in their longer term and subtle story planning, like Drew telling Seth his being obsessed with Cody's story with cost him. Punk shouting at Drew to stop focusing on him several times was an intentional call back, as his obsession with Punk cost him. Good shit!

This shits chess, it ain't checkers!

I give Cody a month of coming out and giving the same whiny promo as champ before they turn on him.
It's a given that he's going to do the fake cry quick turn away from the camera that he does all the time lol.

This weekend was a great, from NXT, all the way through to the main event. The only disappointment I had was the Usos match. I hated the Superkicks, all the time.

Did anyone else catch the Oba Femi/Dijak/Josh Briggs match? That tower of doom spot was incredible, and Oba Femi is an absolute beast.

I love where they are going. It's small things in their longer term and subtle story planning, like Drew telling Seth his being obsessed with Cody's story will cost him. Punk shouting at Drew to stop focusing on him several times was an intentional call back, as his obsession with Punk cost him. Good shit!

Vince is a legit crazy old man.

One story that always stuck out for me was the time he told the writing team "Why are you doing anything with Tamina?! She's Jimmy Snuka's daughter, dammit. She has a name that we can use. Do something with her!" then a couple of weeks later "Why is Tamina on the show?!"

He did the same with The Fashion Files, and countless others.

The irony in all of this is that Vince was obsessed with being a mover and a shaker in mainstream entertainment, which is why he was so obsessed with "Sports Entertainment", and distancing himself from "Pro Wrestling". Now Vince has gone, and HHH is purposefully putting "Pro Wrestling" at the forefront, WWE is getting more and more mainstream.

same with Roman hitting Seth with a chair and not being able to let that go which cost him the match

This weekend was a great, from NXT, all the way through to the main event. The only disappointment I had was the Usos match. I hated the Superkicks, all the time.

Did anyone else catch the Oba Femi/Dijak/Josh Briggs match? That tower of doom spot was incredible, and Oba Femi is an absolute beast.
That triple threat was my match of the weekend. The tag match right before it was top 3.

That triple threat was my match of the weekend. The tag match right before it was top 3.

I loved it. When Briggs chokeslammed Dijak off the top rope, onto Oba Femi while he was sitting in the chair was insane.

Last edited:
I think it's time they gave Solo a bit of shine. He's still essentially a glorified bodyguard.

Jey will be fine. The fans love that yeet shit, and he's never been a show stealer. You know what you're getting with an Uso match. Lots of kicks, chops and splashes. Predictable, but it works for them. The crowd was also pretty dead on night one. That match might've come off a bit better with last night's crowd.

Solo’s exasperation with Roman and Roman’s annoyed “I know! I know.” when he was telling him to finish it was another nice little moment among the great ones in that match last night.

Back