Ilia topuria vs max holloway

Not sure who wins this one

All I know it is going to be one hell of a fight when happens, whoever wins....wins

Just want to see both of them at their best

Last edited:
Topuria nuthuggers on another level in here, can't wait for the tears when Max puts a clinic on Topuria.

Nah, I said they outlanded him on the feet, which they did. Topuria landed some strikes on the ground, but Bryce outlanded him 34-29 on the feet, and Ryan Hall outlanded him 9-3, and these guys are serious beginners in the striking.

I mean it's nice to come back and get a finish after getting pieced up, but we're talking about Bryce Mitchell and Ryan Hall's striking ffs, and 2-4-1 Jai Herbert. Topuria did land more than Josh Emmett, but Emmett was 38 at the time and gets outlanded by everybody else he fights too and was coming off a loss.

So far it seems like Topuria just goes head hunting, and it eventually works against cans and old guys coming off a brutal KO, but Max will probably just keep popping him over and over, and once he's up 3 rounds and Topuria's been popped all night and wobbled several times, he'll start trying to look for another come from behind haymaker and start leaving himself open even more and get finished.

Hall literally didn't land a strike on the feet that wasn't completely blocked, Topuria didn't even land 3 himself.

Absolutely delusional if you think either Hall or Bryce were "piecing him up" and he simply came back to get a finish haha.

Damn, a lot of illia fans are so emotional and looking for validation and comfort. It Is astounding.

It's a close fight. Counting either guy out would be a mistake. If max fights with his old style of trying to overwhelm people with volume, he loses, but if he works angels from the outside and sticks and moves, makes ilia work if ilia goes the wrestling route, he could make it a long night for ilia. At long range ilia only really has the low kicks, but max has become much better at either checking or countering leg kicks.

Basically I like illia in the pocket, and I like him if he can get Max's back flat on the mat, but I like max at long range and I suspect max can keep it there for ling portions of the fight. And before anyone tells me their reach is the same, that's a bit misleading when one guy is 4 inches taller. Punching up reduces your reach.

I dont want to feed the troll but max has much better boxing and it's not close. Topuria has a good win against an old knocked out 1 month earlier Volk ... but I think Arnold Allen beats Topuria let alone Max. .. Ilia wings punches with his whole body max would teach him how to box.
Tell me you have zero knowledge about boxing without telling me.

Volk looked very slow and plodding vs. Topuria, though. Maybe he just suddenly got old like some guys do in their mid-30s. Other than that, my assessment and odds of the fight are pretty close to yours.

I dislike TJ as much as the next guy, but i don't think he was wrong in saying Volk looked scared or something and he should've taken more time off.

Reactions: mkt
Back