DDP looks like a free belt.

Yes. Ufc Mw-belt is free. Just go and get it.

[more couch potato bullshit here]

If you watched that fight and think that Strickland easily wins a rematch then you really weren't paying attention.
If you watched the fight and think Dricus won more than 2 rounds you have no idea what you're watching.

If you watched the fight and think Dricus won more than 2 rounds you have no idea what you're watching.
I suggest you rewatch the fight.

Also, the majority of media outlets (and judges) scored it for Du Plessis. Strickland ran away the whole time and got taken down six times.

Chimaev hasnt even fought at (against a mw) MW...Strickland loses the rematch, Adesanya would be interesting, too elusive and DDP fights "ugly".

Last edited:
I guess Volk, Mighty Mouse, Cejudo, Bisping, and many other fighters have no idea what they were watching. It was a close fight. Being dogmatic about you opinion is silly.
I've been watching mma for 20 years. I can distinguish effective striking vs non effective striking. DDP won with the Leonard Garcia strat.

I guess Volk, Mighty Mouse, Cejudo, Bisping, and many other fighters have no idea what they were watching. It was a close fight. Being dogmatic about you opinion is silly.
Yeah sometimes it is clear who won the decision, but this is not one of those times. Great fight.

I suggest you rewatch the fight.

Also, the majority of media outlets (and judges) scored it for Du Plessis. Strickland ran away the whole time and got taken down six times.

There is an argument to be made either way. I can understand people arguing the face in favor of Strickland. Case for Dricus is based on the fact that he outlanded in significant strikes in round 2, 3 and 4 while Strickland heavily outlanded in round 1 and round 5. Add the 6 takedowns (and yes, the count on judges guidelines because it takes effort, energy and skills to take someone down), one could argue Dricus won. Weasle did a great breakdown and he predicted Strickland to win. He said judges got it right.

Last edited:
I've been watching mma for 20 years. I can distinguish effective striking vs non effective striking. DDP won with the Leonard Garcia strat.
I've been watching MMA for 30 years. I can tell who won a fight. Neither of those guys defeated the other one. In real life it is a draw.

As far as the decision, I sincerely suggest you rewatch the fight, and try to be aware of your bias. Count how many times Du Plessis kicks Strickland in the body, legs, arms, and head. Really fucking hard.
Strickland is a tough dude, with a great poker face. But Du Plessis put it on him. Yeah Strickland landed a lot of jabs and did superficial damage to the face. Du Plessis was attacking the ENTIRE FIGHT. Strickland fought a hell of a fight, and he survived. But Du Plessis won. You could even score it 49-46 Du Plessis. Or 49-46 Strickland.

Because that's how crazy fights like that are scored. All over the fucking place.

There is an argument to be made either way. I can understand people arguing the face in favor of Strickland. Case for Dricus is based on the fact that he outlanded in significant strikes in round 2, 3 and 4 while Strickland heavily outlanded in round 1 and round 5. Add the 6 takedowns (and yes, the count on judges guidelines because it takes effort, energy and skills to take someone down), one could argue Dricus won. Weasle did a great breakdown and he predicted Strickland to win. He said judges got it right.

Great, gritty performance from both guys.

Izzy,Kham even a Sean rematch.... Whoever he fights next is getting a free title.
you mean that 1 dimensional izzy? whos exiting his prime?
izzy is a 1 trick pony
he folds like a child if he cant outstrike his opponents

ddp showed he has more tools
imagine ddp moving forward with pressure of takedowns

Opinions, judges, media scores etc... are split down the middle. If you think that there is no argument that DDP won you have no idea what you are watching. The fight was as close as it gets

Strickland was a free belt for DDP. Izzy would have been a harder fight for DDP.

I've been watching MMA for 25 years, which is longer than you. I can distinguish effective striking vs. non-effective striking better than you. DDP won.

Seriously, to say "you've been watching MMA for 20y" as an argument yet to discredit the majority of media scores and the opinion of several professional fighters who are far more knowledgable than you is stupid.

It was a close fight, and it could have gone either way. I thought DPP edged it.

Ayo, no caps, on the #Izzy ting, I was gotta disagree, ahlie? But yo, Sean Tarzan and Khamzat Borz, those mans would certainly yoink that belt off #esteemed newchampion DDP easy, no lie.

Our great #AmericanHero was become on some serious wave, like he was ready to flip his whole script of his, you know? Maybe man's like, 'Yo here's the ting fams, I never checked fight tapes before, but now's the time, styll.'

In additional, if he levels up his God of Freedom form so it was not been draining him too much, he's gonna drop that #bluecollarmatrix move mad times, just cheesing and breaking down DDP before they was even touch them championship rounds, ahlie?

And Khamzat? Bro, say less, that's a straight body for DDP, facts no printer. Mans is a whole steamroller.

Former #AfricanKing Izzy, he was solid, my fam, but I'm saying DDP might just buss up this scene with his quirky timing and oddball style of his, then just lean on him heavy later in the clash #battle. Could be a decision, or even a late (T)KO flex, wallahi.

#JustMyCents
insane amount of effort for 0 likes imo

Back