Michael Chandler says he has a deadline for Conor McGregor fight

Will Conor vs Chandler happen?

• Total voters
conor-mcgregor-you%27ll-do-what-you%27re-told.gif

He's desperate and everyone knows it
https://www.si.com/fannation/wrestling/mma/michael-chandler-conor-mcgregor#:~:text=“Obviously being in the USADA,we do all the time.”

“That, to me, is a very gray area. I can fight Conor with one day in the USADA testing pool or one year in the USADA testing pool. It’s not going to make a difference. Obviously being in the USADA testing is a prerequisite to being in the UFC. What I’m saying is, are we splitting hairs with the whole, ‘He’s got to be in for six months’ thing? How long was Bo Nickal’s opponent [Val Woodburn] in the USADA testing pool? This is what we do all the time.”
A very valid point about Woodburn.

Not really. The exemption exists specifically for cases that can't be planned for. If they had no exemption, then they'd never be able to fill in a lost fight with a new fighter. Imagine how many fight cancelations that would result in.

Their specific language is "An Athlete who gives notice of retirement to UFC, or has otherwise ceased to have a contractual relationship with UFC due to Athlete-Initiated Inactivity, may not resume competing in UFC Bouts until he/she has given UFC written notice of his/her intent to resume competing and has made him/herself available for Testing for a period of six months before returning to competition.” and
“UFC may grant an exemption to the six-month written notice rule in exceptional circumstances or where the strict application of that rule would be manifestly unfair to an Athlete provided that in either instance the Athlete provides a minimum of two negative Samples before returning to competition.”

It's unfair to apply that to Wooburn because they obviously couldn't plan for and test him 6 months when he wasn't in the program. But Conor IS. He opted out of testing for medical reasons, and the ability to do that, while still being under USADA then just re-enter with an exemption for a fully booked fight would set an INSANE precedent for people to just make their own cycles.

Not really. The exemption exists specifically for cases that can't be planned for. If they had no exemption, then they'd never be able to fill in a lost fight with a new fighter. Imagine how many fight cancelations that would result in.

Their specific language is "An Athlete who gives notice of retirement to UFC, or has otherwise ceased to have a contractual relationship with UFC due to Athlete-Initiated Inactivity, may not resume competing in UFC Bouts until he/she has given UFC written notice of his/her intent to resume competing and has made him/herself available for Testing for a period of six months before returning to competition.” and
“UFC may grant an exemption to the six-month written notice rule in exceptional circumstances or where the strict application of that rule would be manifestly unfair to an Athlete provided that in either instance the Athlete provides a minimum of two negative Samples before returning to competition.”

It's unfair to apply that to Wooburn because they obviously couldn't plan for and test him 6 months when he wasn't in the program. But Conor IS. He opted out of testing for medical reasons, and the ability to do that, while still being under USADA then just re-enter with an exemption for a fully booked fight would set an INSANE precedent for people to just make their own cycles.
Also fair

Red Panties are currently being tested by USADA for tainted supplements
Conor has to put them on still to enter the testing Pool
Conor will do what he’s told or won’t fight
Looking like he’s going back to sit in the corner for a while

Except it isn't.

Woodburn was brought in on short notice, and they have an exception for that.

This isn't a short notice fight. Conor has chosen not to enter the testing pool because he's not clean.

Glad I could clear that up for you.

Mcgregor has to fight short notice if he wants an exemption.

Fight will happen

Conor will win

sherdog will say chandler took a dive

If Conor genuinely believed he could win this fight then there wouldn't be any of this drama. He'd be back in the Testing pool and the date would be set. Instead he's doing all he can to avoid the fight while crying like a victim "they're trying to deny me a living". What a moron.

We seem to be going round and round in circles with this fight, I don't think its happening

Chandler can’t afford to wait around if he wants another shot at the title.

but I don’t think he’s interested in a title anymore. He desperately wants that red panty night.

Chandler can’t afford to wait around if he wants another shot at the title.

but I don’t think he’s interested in a title anymore. He desperately wants that red panty night.

Nah he recently said he still wants Gold.

Also when is the deadline, what’s the date.

Conors antics are so stale now, it looks likely ge doesn't actually want to fight and just wants his name out there. Chandler is too fun to watch to waste his time with this nonsense

Lol. This mf is going to fight Conor on Conors and the UFCs terms.

I feel like Chandler has mentally taken himself out of the title picture. Like he knows it's never gonna happen in the UFC. So he's saying fuck it, let's be exciting and fight for money.

McGoober is shook at CHADlers attitude and coaching acumen. CHADler is not scared of him and doesn't care about his status. He just wants to fight.
McGoober has trouble with opponents who aren't trembling in his presence.
What do you mean? Conors guy got the best win and was tuf champion and got a bonus

Back