International Mysterious pneumonia outbreak leaves China's hospitals overwhelmed

Is there a pneumonia virus or bacteria? Or is the pneumonia condition (I.e. infection of the lungs) always caused by another virus or bacteria, in which case the pneumonia itself is not what’s transmitted but rather the underlying infection causing it?
Every contagious disease is caused by an underlying infection. Replace the word pneumonia in your response with any disease that you consider contagious. It’s always the causative microbe that is being transmitted from one host to the next — that’s literally what makes it contagious.

Last edited:
Pneumonia is caused by an infection.. you can't pass Pneumonia on to someone..
what a fucking dullard you are..
My god has the public education system failed you. Do you think the flu isn’t caused by an infection? What about the common cold? Or Covid-19? What do you think “infectious” in infectious disease is referring to? Maybe INFECTION!

Reactions: lsa
Every contagious disease is caused by an underlying infection. Replace the word pneumonia in your response with any disease that you consider contagious. It’s always the causative microbe that is being transmitted from one host to the next — that’s literally what a contagious disease is.
COVID 19 is caused by a specific coronavirus, and can lead to pneumonia (infection of the lungs). Pneumonia follows a lot of infections, but it’s a condition of the lungs, not a pathogen itself. The underlying cause (bacteria or virus) is what’s contagious, not the resulting condition (I.e. pneumonia).

My god has the public education system failed you. Do you think the flu isn’t caused by an infection? What about the common cold? Or Covid-19? What do you think “infectious” in infectious disease is referring to? Maybe INFECTION!

pneumonia - you dont say pneumonia is going round do you ??!?!?

You say colds or flu .. not pneumonia ..

COVID 19 is caused by a specific coronavirus, and can lead to pneumonia (infection of the lungs). Pneumonia follows a lot of infections, but it’s a condition of the lungs, not a pathogen itself. The underlying cause (bacteria or virus) is what’s contagious, not the resulting condition (I.e. pneumonia).
Covid-19 is a disease (that’s what’s the D stands for). It is contagious because SARSCoV2 causes an infection in one host and subsequently transmits to the next.

When pneumonia is caused by a microorganism, and that microorganism can transmit from that host to another, and then cause pneumonia in the new host, it is a communicable infectious disease. You’re getting confused because pneumonia may not always be contagious, but that doesn’t mean it never is.

Here’s a few links to help you out.

Last edited:
Covid-19 is a disease (that’s what’s the D stands for). It is contagious because SARSCoV2 causes an infection in one host and subsequently transmits to the next.

When pneumonia is caused by a microorganism, and that microorganism can transmit from that host to another, and then cause pneumonia in the new host, it is a communicable infectious disease. You’re getting confused because pneumonia may not always be contagious, but that doesn’t mean it never is.
In this example, it's the virus that is causing pneumonia in both people infected that is contagious, not the pneumonia itself. You're wrong.

In this example, it's the virus that is causing pneumonia in both people infected that is contagious, not the pneumonia itself. You're wrong.
How do you think diseases are transmitted from person to person if not by pathogens infecting one and then the next? When someone with Covid-19 transmits it onward, the signs and symptoms didn’t magically jump from one person to the next. The virus did.

4j6qho.jpg

Same down here in Ohio. My wife and I have had a lingering cough for weeks now, but otherwise aren't sick. Our daughter brought it home and was fine 3 days later of course.

Hmmm okay,,,
My colleague has a dry cough and it sounds like hell.
Dude had it for weeks if not months.
He also have 2 small kids.
And one of them was sick a few days and then all good.

Also.. China. Get your shit together.
If there is another out break like Covid in China, I think it will break their economy.

Wife has had the same hacky cough for about three weeks now. Seems all the respiratory stuff going around has been like this, virus subsided lingering cough. Both kids have had bouts with RSV years ago.

Hmmm okay,,,
My colleague has a dry cough and it sounds like hell.
Dude had it for weeks if not months.
He also have 2 small kids.
And one of them was sick a few days and then all good.

Also.. China. Get your shit together.
If there is another out break like Covid in China, I think it will break their economy.
If anything the pandemic showed us the economy is not what we think it is

it is pretty nasty whatever it is.
my family got it, but it lingered in my youngest son (almost 3)
he had to go on a ventilator and get some procedures to clean out the fluid in his lungs
he is fine now but it was a damn scary time

and many kids are getting it. most are just pretty sick for a couple days but unfortunately many are like my kid who get really sick

despite that I rally hope they don't bring back the lockdowns

I

Lol @ them trying to revive a pandemic narrative. Oh no monkeypox, oh no a mysterious dog illness, oh no a mysterious pneumonia, lock the doors and give up all your freedoms. Shut up. If humanity realized who its' true enemies were this farce would come to end nearly overnight.

he had to go on a ventilator and get some procedures to clean out the fluid in his lungs

and many kids are getting it. most are just pretty sick for a couple days but unfortunately many are like my kid who get really sick

I
You're in China? Glad to hear your son is ok. I know that's scary.

holy shit guys they are just saying they have detected an increase in pneumonia of unknown origin. settle the fuck down

Reactions: lsa

I
rsv?

You havnt been giving your kids thay trash mrna shit have you?

Pneumonia isn't contagious is it? At least I didn't think so but happy to educated on that if I'm an asshat. My dad got it after his 114th covid shot and there was no talk of my mother having to isolate from him in case she caught it.
Pneumonia is an infection of the lungs. Can be viral or bacteria (rarely fungal as well). Flu/Covid and other respiratory viruses are highly contagious and can cause pneumonia.

Last edited:
Ah for fuck sake...
If they close down bars over here again because the fucking Chinese can't stop diddling exotic animals, i swear to god I'll never buy a Chinese product again.
Deport the Pandas while we're at it, useless political pieces of shit.
So you won't be buying much.

Payback for unleashing Covid on the world...Proof of America’s Biological weapons program!

Did I do it right?

Seriously, alarming illness effecting mainly children. This bares close observation.
You're joking but hitting too close to home. Its likely China made another bio weapon. There's nothing natural about what's been going on the last few years and big pharma, pfizer, moderna etc are getting even more rich.

Back