Media Topuria: "You can make more mistakes" when fighting Volkanovski because he's not a finishing threat

When Volk chopped Mendes down with power shots in the pocket I though this dude was a complete killer

He chopped Mendes down because Mendes had blown his load after dropping Volk and almost finishing him.

And this was the Mendes who retired after that fight from MMA. He was already one foot out the door and still only lost because he slowed down.

Prime Mendes would have wrecked Volk.

He chopped Mendes down because Mendes had blown his load after dropping Volk and almost finishing him.

And this was the Mendes who retired after that fight from MMA. He was already one foot out the door and still only lost because he slowed down.

Prime Mendes would have wrecked Volk.
Hahahaha

Volk ain’t getting any younger and if he does get KO’d people will be saying it’s because he got his chin cracked foolishly moving up. Still hope he puts on a masterclass once more
Typical sherbros aging a fighter after a single loss, volk is gonna murder topiura, literally humiliate him they're not matched.

Good to see that Topuria is aware.

Volks feints are only effective when the opponent respects his pillowfists. Islam didnt bite on Volks feints in the rematch, backed him up and got him out of there.

Topuria gonna do the same <This7>

Volk doesn't throw much power, but he will go and have cardio to catch every single one of your mistakes. Where guys with power gas out. I think Topuria will still win, but Volk has a deceptively deep technical standup game. You really have to catch him with a good setup. I always thought someone like Conor would beat Volk (both in prime at FW).

Volk's not a one hitter quitter in general, but he's far from pillow fisted. He has enough power to change the trajectory of the fight with one well placed shot.

please MMAgods dont fail me. all is well, right and just if volk pulls a demolition job here. if ilia puts volk away, it's gonna hurt. volk has grown a ton on me over the years and is one of my favorite active fighters. if not single favorite when i think about it

He better hope Volkanovski is over the hill, feeling the effects of Father Time and that Islam KO. If not, he's the one who made the mistake running his mouth and pulling some of these antics.
Agree 100%.

There's no benefit to his saying things like this pre-fight, unless he's trying to get under Volk's skin. Which doesn't seem to be the motivation here. Believing something like this is one thing. But just keep it to yourself.

At any rate, Topuria better deliver; he'll look like an ass if he loses after being so dismissive of a great champ.

Typical sherbros aging a fighter after a single loss, volk is gonna murder topiura, literally humiliate him they're not matched.
Oh shit how do i delete this pls

Gotta give him credit.... He was just eating jabs and leg kicks. He wasnt worried about Volks power at all. He was more cautious against Emmett. He was throwing leather at Volk like he had Ryan Hall power LOL

Back