Locked AEW CXIII : It's Wednesday , Where's the Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bit busy this week.

Ominous.

What have you done with him!?

8aQ1nh.gif

Everything that has come out from wrestlers themselves is that the smallest contracts in AEW are 6 figures. Apparently they have some people who are on pay per appearance deals, I don't think Anthony Henry is on a pay per appearance deal or this wouldn't even be a discussion.
It's probably $100,000 on the dot pre taxes lol
That's fucking insane, but good on them for collecting that bag.
Wrestling salaries aren't real life salaries though. By the time you pay your travel expenses out of that, then your own health insurance(which I'm sure isn't cheap when you say your occupation is a professional wrestler) then that infamous 1099. You're probably looking at 40-50K take home out of that 100. Granted, that's still great for these guys, you can put food on the table wrestling with that.

Remember that Trips turned down $75K a year in 1995 from WCW because "he would starve"

Wrestling salaries aren't real life salaries though. By the time you pay your travel expenses out of that, then your own health insurance(which I'm sure isn't cheap when you say your occupation is a professional wrestler) then that infamous 1099. You're probably looking at 40-50K take home out of that 100. Granted, that's still great for these guys, you can put food on the table wrestling with that.

Remember that Trips turned down $75K a year in 1995 from WCW because "he would starve"
Best decision Trips ever made, until he drugged and married the bosses daughter.

I still think Cody and AEW drifting apart was due to Tony Khan not wanting Brandi to have her own storylines. This kind of makes me think that's true. The "original vision" included Brandi booking her own storylines on television that still stand up to this day as the worst gimmick in the history of this company <lmao>

I still think Cody and AEW drifting apart was due to Tony Khan not wanting Brandi to have her own storylines. This kind of makes me think that's true. The "original vision" included Brandi booking her own storylines on television that still stand up to this day as the worst gimmick in the history of this company <lmao>

Oddly enough, Cody leaving has worked out very well for both parties.

I'm pretty sure AEW pays travel though.

What was that drizzling shits she had with Luther early on.....The Nightmare.......collective?

Mariah May vs Momo Kohgo tonight on Supercard not bad!

For Trips, you had to account for his monthly gear cost as well. Test is pretty cheap but when you ain't making much it adds up plus he may have been on other more expensive stuff too. #TheBusiness

For Trips, you had to account for his monthly gear cost as well. Test is pretty cheap but when you ain't making much it adds up plus he may have been on other more expensive stuff too. #TheBusiness
I thought you meant his gear as in his wrestling gear since he did all that fancy stuff in WCW and his initial blue blood run and was comparing it to Test's simple ass gear lol

You're a fool, Roll!

I thought you meant his gear as in his wrestling gear since he did all that fancy stuff in WCW and his initial blue blood run and was comparing it to Test's simple ass gear lol

You're a fool, Roll!

That too! This Damn Business ain't cheap, jack!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back